Climate change in urban enviroment (8 cr)
21.11.2022 - 15.01.2023
01.02.2023 - 19.03.2023
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
Faculty of Technology (LAB)
- Master's Degree Programme in Urban Climate and Sustainability (MUrCS)
- Eeva Aarrevaara
- Luennot (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
TLTIYMUR23KMaster's Degree Programme in Urban Climate and Sustainability (MUrCS) 23K Lahti
- Luennot 1
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of atmospheric physical, thermodynamics, dynamic processes and evolving
weather in a climatic context.
- Critically appraise the coupling of urban environment to meteorological-climate, atmospheric stability.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of model outputs and interpretation.
- Identify and critically evaluate the nature, causes and implications of extreme events.
- Identify and critically evaluate the effects of climate change in urban environments .
- Demonstrate technical ability in analytical methods in the evaluation of climate change mitigation/adaptation strategies.
Implementation and methods of teaching
The module is part of MUrCS programme and carried out according to a separate module handbook available in GCULearn (eLearning platform in Glasgow Caledonian University). The module is available only for MUrCS students. The implementation is by Glasgow Caledonian University and by a visiting lecturer from University of Sao Paulo and other visitors.