Anticipating Future Trends (5 cr)
19.11.2021 - 09.01.2022
03.01.2022 - 31.07.2022
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
Faculty of Business and Hospitality Management (LAB)
- Bachelor's Degree Programme in Business Information Technology
- Tarja Keski-Mattinen
- Aki Vainio
- Luennot 1 (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
04IT19STietojenkäsittelyn koulutus 19S, Lahti
- Luennot 1
The student is able to
- anticipate the changes in their own operational environment
- utilise the futures research materials produced by national and international societies in their own field of studies
- use the terminology and methods of futures research in the research and development of their own field
Implementation and methods of teaching
Recommended contact lessons, independent individual and group work.
Timing and attendance
Spring 2022, recommended contact lessons.
Learning material and recommended literature
The Moodle learning platform & materials provided by the lecturer.
Alternative completion methods
No alternative ways of completion
Working life cooperation
Students can bring their own study subjects from their work, thesis or internship.
The Moodle learning platform, recommended classroom workshops and lecturers. Optional group work.
Student time use and work load
A student's estimated workload is 5 x 27 hours.
This course provides students with skills to:
- Anticipate the changes in their own operational environment
- Utilize the futures professional material produced by national and international communities in their own field of studies
- Use the terminology and methods of future research.
Additional information for students: previous knowledge etc._peppi
The student should be adequately advanced in their own field of study.
- teacher evaluation
- self- and peer review
- possible assessment by the client
A) Informative and information acquisition skills related to future research and the operating environment of one's own field
B) Skills related to anticipating the future of one's own field and future-oriented problem solving
C) Responsibility and team and management skills in connection with the implementation and commitment of the assignment project
- Active participation in preparatory contact teaching (in contact teaching implementation)
- Group work assignments and exercises in classes and partly also between classes
- Participation in business workshops
- Independent work
Assessment criteria: assessment scale failed/approved
The student can:
* Justify the suitability of different future information sources for anticipating the operating environment in one's own field.
* Justify and evaluate the suitability of different foreseeing tools in different situations.
* Produces future information related to your field.
* Apply future research methods and information in anticipating the operating environment.