Developing Professional Competence 3 (1 cr)
01.07.2022 - 04.09.2022
22.08.2022 - 25.11.2022
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
Faculty of Health Care and Social Services (LAB)
- Lappeenranta Campus
- Lahti Campus
20 - 80
- Bachelor's Degree Programme in Physiotherapy
- Heli Lahtio
- Outi Pöyhönen
- Tuula Hämäläinen
- Katri Angelin
The student is able to
- identify themselves as a learner and develop their own learning skills
- evaluate innovative or alternative future competences required in their own field
- recognize and aim their own competences to be in level with the future career requirements
- masters the professional concepts of their own field and is able to point out their competencies during job recruitment processes
- give feedback on tuition and services and thus participate in the development of education
Implementation and methods of teaching
Reflection with the other students and alone also.
Timing and attendance
Time: From August to December.
To complete the course, the student needs to participate in the lessons, to prepare for the lessons, and to do the homework.
Learning material and recommended literature
The material will be linked to the Moodle-platform by the lecturer.
Working life cooperation
Co-operation with the work-life.
Examples: Interviewing and see the physiotherapy real work via zoom.
Learning tasks are acceptedly done.
Student time use and work load
1 ECTS = 27 hours of student work
- developing learning skills continues
- feedback conversation
- alumn and worklife visits (virtual)
- enhance the ability to communicate, feedback, and self evaluation skills
The student does not participate in the learning activites neither the student is not active in planning alternative tasks.
The student has not complete all learning tasks.
Assessment criteria: assessment scale failed/approved
Self discussion about the physiotherapist, you want to be, and also the competences still needed.
The student will act using good communication skills and shows goal-orientation in collaboration.
The student is aware of his/her own learning methods and can adapt those in his/her studies.