Developing professional competence 2 (1 cr)
21.11.2022 - 15.01.2023
22.03.2023 - 30.05.2023
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
Faculty of Health Care and Social Services (LAB)
- Lappeenranta Campus
- Lahti Campus
10 - 80
- Bachelor's Degree Programme in Physiotherapy
- Heli Lahtio
- Outi Pöyhönen
- Tuula Hämäläinen
- Katri Angelin
The student is able to
- utilize various learning opportunities in curriculum
- recognize and aim their own competences to be in level with the future career requirements
- create a study plan that supports the future career goal
- give feedback on tuition and services and thus participate in the development of education
Implementation and methods of teaching
Zoom- and campusmeetings.
Studying and reflection with the other students and alone also.
Timing and attendance
Time: From March to May.
To complete the course, the student needs to participate in the lessons, prepare for the lessons, and to do the homework.
Learning material and recommended literature
The material will be linked to the Moodle-platform by the lecturer.
Network environment and home campus.
Student time use and work load
1 ECTS = 27 hours of student work
- Understand, how to update the personal learning plan in Peppi.
- Understand, how to develope his/her own career plan as a physiotherapist.
- Feedback discussion
The student participates actively in education.
The student completes the learning tasks
The student has an active role in teamwork.
Assessment criteria: assessment scale failed/approved
The student has participated in education.
- The student updates his/her Personal Learning Plan in Peppi.
- The student understands the professional possibilites in his/her career plan as a physiotherapist.
- The student has actively participated in feedback discussion.