Developing Professional Competence 1 (1 cr)
21.11.2022 - 15.01.2023
09.01.2023 - 06.03.2023
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
Faculty of Health Care and Social Services (LAB)
- Lappeenranta Campus
- Lahti Campus
10 - 80
- Bachelor's Degree Programme in Physiotherapy
- Heli Lahtio
- Outi Pöyhönen
- Tuula Hämäläinen
- Katri Angelin
The student is able to
- plan their own learning and cooperate in situations related to their own field of studies
- recognize their own competence and the needs to develop them further and to plan their career path observing them
- act as a group member
- operate in the learning environments of LAB University of Applied Sciences
- picture their own field of studies and its future skills
- give feedback on tuition and services and thus participate in the development of education
Implementation and methods of teaching
Campus- and Zoom-meetings.
Reflection with the other students and alone also.
Timing and attendance
Time: January to March.
To complete the course, the student needs to participate in the lessons, to prepare for the lessons, and to do the homework.
Learning material and recommended literature
The material will be linked to the Moodle-platform by the lecturer.
Lappeenranta and Lahti campus and network environment.
Student time use and work load
1 ECTS = 27 hours of student work
- Grouping, a good team spirit
- Personal learning plan (SWOT)
- Feedback discussions, the feedback process
- Orientation to the internships, work related activites during the studies
- Orientation infos
The student participates actively in education.
The student completes the learning tasks
The student has an active role in the team work.
Assessment criteria: assessment scale failed/approved
The student has participated actively in education.
The student has shown group work skills.
The way the student acts supports the own group.
The student has participated in a personal learning plan conversation, and he/she understands the principals of learning plan.
The student understands the meaning of the feedback and gives feedback.