Basics of natural stone industry in circular economy (3 cr)
21.11.2022 - 31.05.2023
01.03.2023 - 31.05.2023
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
Faculty of Technology (LAB)
- Complementary competence and optional courses, Bachelors
- Anne-Marie Tuomala
- Itsenäinen 1 (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
- Itsenäinen 1
- Basics of Finland’s natural stone industry as business
- Basic principles and key operations of quarry
- Environmental impact and recycling possibilities of natural stone production
Implementation and methods of teaching
This is fully a remote course. A student can study the course according the own schedule within the course time. A student get familiar with the materials in the course platform and makes the assignments and exams.
Timing and attendance
The course has no presence requirements. It has no time conditions for meetings. A student can study by own schedule taking into consideration the overall time period of the course.
Learning material and recommended literature
All study materials are available in the course platform.There is no need for a student to buy or loan any study materials.
Working life cooperation
The course planning has been made in collaboration with the Kivi ry, which is the only association representing natural stone industry in Finland.
Moodle virtual platform
The course has three sub-topics
• Basics of Finland’s natural stone industry as business
• Basic principles and key operations of quarry
• Environmental impact and recycling possibilities of natural stone production
Additional information for students: previous knowledge etc._peppi
Automatic assignment and exam check.
A student does not proceed with all the assignments quizzes or exams during the course time.
Assessment criteria: level 1 (assessment scale 1–5)
In accordance with the automatic scale for the grade 1 -
Assessment criteria: level 3 (assessment scale 1–5)
In accordance with the automatic scale for the grade 3 -
Assessment criteria: level 5 (assessment scale 1–5)
In accordance with the automatic scale for the grade 5 -