Environmental Science and Monitoring (5 cr)
21.11.2022 - 08.01.2023
09.01.2023 - 28.04.2023
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
Faculty of Technology (LAB)
0 - 60
- Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Sustainable Solutions Engineering
- Juha Pere
- Paul Carroll
- Luennot 1 (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
The student is able to
- to identify the main environmentally harmful substances
- to know the basic methods (physical and chemical) to monitor and measure environmental impacts
- to know the principles of the factors affecting pollutants formation and distribution in the environment
- to compare measured values with the limit values and other regulations
Implementation and methods of teaching
Lectures, Moodle, eBook
Learning material and recommended literature
Moodle, lectures, eBook
Cannot solve mathematical and other science problems on the course.
Written tasks not submitted.
Assessment criteria: level 1 (assessment scale 1–5)
Can apply the learned techniques to mathematical and other science problems given by the teacher. Can solve about 50% of mathematical and other problems in the course.
Performs the written tasks at a minimum level.
Assessment criteria: level 3 (assessment scale 1–5)
Can solve mathematical and other science problems in the course in a versatile way.
Performs the written task given well.
Assessment criteria: level 5 (assessment scale 1–5)
Can solve all or almost all mathematical and other science problems in the course.
Performs written tasks excellently.