Marketing Communication and Branding (5 cr)
01.07.2022 - 04.09.2022
22.08.2022 - 21.10.2022
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
60 % Contact teaching, 40 % Distance learning
Institute of Design and Fine Arts (LAB)
- Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Packaging and Brand Design
- Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Graphic Design
- Marion Robinson
- Julia Ojapelto
- Eija Hakala
Teacher in charge
- MLTIPAMU20S (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
- MLTIGR20S (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
- Itsenäinen (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
- Lähiopetus (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
The student is able to
- explain the concept, contents and characteristics of marketing thought
- use the methods of marketing communication and branding in their professional activity
- draw up a marketing plan
- select appropriate methods and channels for marketing communication and branding
Implementation and methods of teaching
Lectures, tasks, independent study, relevant literature, presentations and discussions. Feedback will be given on the last day.
Timing and attendance
The schedule is in Moodle. Obligatory presence on lecture days on campus. Theory part must be completed on time before entering the second course part.
Learning material and recommended literature
Learning materials and the list of literature are in Moodle.
Alternative completion methods
Presented evidence of skills and knowledge in e.g. working life.
Working life cooperation
If possible the design tasks are a co-operation project. Visiting lectures from professionals are arranged if possible.
At Mukkulankatu campus and Moodle learning environment, possibly visits to companies and relevant events.
Student time use and work load
The first theory part (2 ECTs) is marked in the schedule. Student can change the working days as they see suitable, noting that the theory part must be finished on time in order to progress in the course.
Presence is required on Campus days. Working days also scheduled for the latter course part.
During the course the meaning of marketing communication and branding in theory and practice will be clarified. Student will read relevant literature. Tasks, lectures and discussions help the student understand processes ja methodologies.
Additional information for students: previous knowledge etc.
There are many simultaneous courses with this theme. Only one is in English. Please contact the teacher in advance to find the relevant course for exchange students.