Psychophysical Physiotherapy (5 cr)
21.11.2022 - 08.01.2023
27.03.2023 - 26.05.2023
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
60 % Contact teaching, 40 % Distance learning
Faculty of Health Care and Social Services (LAB)
20 - 70
- Bachelor's Degree Programme in Physiotherapy
- Suvi Ollikainen
- Katri Kämäräinen
- Info (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
- Tentti (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
- Harjoitustentti (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
- Harjoitus R 1 (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
- Harjoitus R 2 (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
- Harjoitukset (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
- Verkkoluento (Size: 0. Open UAS: 0.)
- Harjoitus R 1
- Harjoitus R 2
The student is able to
- describe the most common psychiatric diseases, disorders and their medical treatment methods
- resourcefully examine and assess the physical ability of a psychophysical physiotherapy client
- select resource-centered, evidence-based physiotherapy methods and apply them in supporting the client's physical ability
- select the guiding methods of psychophysical physiotherapy and guide the client by applying these methods
- through own experiences of body-awareness develop his/her self-knowledge and ability in meeting an individual and group
Implementation and methods of teaching
Learning environments in Moodle and in zoom plus worklife environments.
Timing and attendance
Learning will contain both contact learning and distance learning.
Learning material and recommended literature
The material linked in Moodle.
Working life cooperation
The group exercise in the work-related learning environment.
Exams in the Moodle.
Camous, Zoom, Moodle, and work-life partners learning environments.
Student time use and work load
5 ECTS is about 135 hours of student work
Individual learning tasks, group tasks, and individual exams must be passed.
The student does not complete the learning goals, does not participate in the lessons nor passes the exams or learning tasks.
Assessment criteria: level 1 (assessment scale 1–5)
Learning goals are reached but the understanding is still at a low level.
Assessment criteria: level 3 (assessment scale 1–5)
Learning goals are reached. Understanding, skills, and attitude are at a moderate level.
Assessment criteria: level 5 (assessment scale 1–5)
Learning goals are reached. Understanding, skills, and attitude are at an appreciated level