Clinical training is done for example in nursing homes.
Accepted - to be supplemented - failed
13.03.2023 - 16.04.2023
21.11.2022 - 15.01.2023
Enrolment in Peppi http://peppi.lab.fi. If you need assistance, please contact the student office.
Faculty of Health Care and Social Services (LAB)
Tarja Rummukainen, Pia Halonen, Nina Hietaranta, Marjut Lintunen
Principles of Nursing and Clinical Nursing Interventions
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Emergency Care
Practical nurse can apply for a credit for training with work experience as a practical nurse.
Clinical training is done in nursing homes, assisted living building etc.
The clinical training lasts 4 weeks, and it includes shift work and weekend shifts.
Nursing homes. Jobiili Workseed Moodle: Clinical Training in Nursing Education - Lappeenranta campus
4 weeks clinical training
Objectives: After clinical training, the student is - Can apply key knowledge and skills what are needed in the client's nursing work (understands basic human vital functions, knows how to observe changes in them and act as required by the situation) - Can plan, implement and evaluate clinical care based on evidence - Works customer-oriented, taking care of loved ones, in nursing work that maintains and promotes health - Follows the ethical guidelines and principles of nursing -Works responsibly as a member of the nursing work group - Can evaluate her/his skills and develop it - Understand the importance of asepsis and patient safety in nursing work
- knows how to search for information on care situations
- shows familiarity and interest in the knowledge base of nursing
- can work in nursing according to the instructions
- knows how to work customer-oriented
- demonstrates that she/he has achieved sufficient clinical knowledge and skills to be able to work in nursing
- can work in accordance with the ethical principles of nursing
- can work as a member of a work group
- can assess own strengths and needs of development
- achieve the goals (self and instructor's assessment)
- absences have been compensated
- unethical behavior towards the clients or the work community
- lack of work community skills
- activity that endangers the patient's / client's safety
- is unable to take responsibility for the clinical training
- does not achieve the goals of the clinical training